06 February 2009

The Adventure Not Taken

Here is a fine example of an entry in need of purging. Whilst Boss Lady's Writer's Constipation was preventing the documentation of our splendid adventures, it was not preventing the adventures themselves. One afternoon, she decided we needed to attempt Patch Hollow, which is off the AT/LT in East Wallingford. Boss Lady's Father introduced her to Patch Hollow, and showed her the old wheel track to follow to reach the beaver pond. So, off we went in the hopes of reaching The Pond. Along the way, I had a lot of fun playing in the snow.

Here I am at the beginning of the trail, before we went bushwacking on the old wheel track.


There's a good reason I'm standing on this stick.


See what it did to me?


You shouldn't have messed with me, Stick!


It was a very treacherous adventure. I had to fight off so many sticks. This one thought it could insult me while protected by plentiful snow cover.


Fortunately, I'm an expert snow digger.


Now, what was that you were saying, Stick?


That's what I thought, not so vocal once you're out in the open.


Ha! Who's in charge now, eh?


We never did quite make it to The Pond, although we did find this nifty cabin hidden in the woods.

No comments: