23 December 2008

That's Why They're Called Dog Biscuits

The other day I received a wonderful package from Star, Winnie, and Tim. It had a sweet little note, paw written by Star herself, a fun stuff-your-own-squeaky-toy Hedgehog, and some peanut butter biscuits. Mmmmm. Peanut Butter Biscuits. I could smell them as soon as Boss Lady pulled the package out of the mailbox. When we got back in the house, she couldn't open it fast enough to please me. I nosed the note aside, ignored the not-stuffed-yet squeaky toy, and dove straight into the Peanut Butter Biscuits.

Boss Lady says it's a good thing they were in a plastic bag to slow me down, or I would have inhaled them before Boss Lady even knew what they were. As it was, she just barely managed to snag them before I ingested them, bag and all. Once I was sitting politely, she opened the bag to give me one. And then she smelled what I had been smelling the whole time: Peanut Butter goodness.

Now, one thing you have to know about Boss Lady is that she loves her peanut butter just as much as I do. So, it's not a stretch to imagine that she might enjoy peanut butter cookies herself. Another thing you have to know about her is that she takes her job seriously as my care taker. She doesn't just let me eat anything, if she can help it. She likes to know what's going into my mouth. So, it's not a stretch to imagine that she might thoroughly investigate any food items sent my way. Such an investigation will involve visibly inspecting the food. It will probably involve sniffing the food. It might even, should the food sniff pleasantly enough, involve actual human tasting of the food. There's been more than one time that she ingested a treat meant for me.

Fortunately for me, the Peanut Butter Biscuits passed all her tests and were deemed safe for doggie enjoyment (as she fully expected they would.) Even more fortunately for me, they were not deemed satisfactory for human consumption. Which means I won't have to share my peanut butter yummies with Boss Lady.

Thank you sooooo much Star, Winnie and Tim!!!!

An Addendum:

It has been brought to my attention by someone in the know (re: the baker) that those biscuits contain not one sniff of peanut butter. None whatsoever. They are, in fact, parmesan cheese. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is only slightly below peanut butter on the scale of yumminess. Boss Lady, though, isn't as fond of cheese as I am. Oh, she enjoys it, don't get me wrong, but she doesn't revel in it nearly as much as I do. Which is probably why she was so disappointed by the biscuits and deemed them unfit for human consumption. Oh well. All I know is it means I get to eat them all.

No comments: